There has obviously been a lot of discussion of the last few days following Russell Brice’s decision to cancel his expedition. However, while we are not out of the woods yet, things seems to be looking up on the mountain with the remaining teams all cooperating and working to get all of the logistics in place for people to make an attempt on the summit. Ropes are now fixed to the South Col and we have begun to establish and stock our camp 4 with essential supplies. With any luck, the ropes to the summit will be fixed in the next couple of days making it possible, subject to weather, for teams to begin jostling for position to launch their summit bid. The forecast calls for some strong winds for a few days but then it would appear that there is a period of calmer weather, potentially making a summit push possible. We will seek to get into position in the next few days and then see what happens….
If all goes to plan I will probably not be able to update the blog (except perhaps by sat phone, which I have yet try) so will try to phone in updates to Nicky. With a bit of luck, I will be lying by the pool at the Katmandu Hyatt drinking cocktails before too long.